SBCC Women's Basketball will be hosting the ninth annual "Surf Fest & Swap Meet" on Saturday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the SBCC parking lot across from Leadbetter Beach. This is a FUNdraising event: everyone has a good time and the proceeds go directly to the team. There will be commercial and individual vendors selling new and used products including jewelry, clothing, skin care products, unique arts and crafts, surf and skate gear, and much more. This is a free, fun event with live entertainment and activities for the whole family.
Here are five easy ways you can support the SBCC Women's Basketball Surf Fest and Swap Meet:
1. Be a vendor or seller: Do you make jewelry, clothing or a unique craft? Do you have a service you want to publicize? Do you have a wetsuit, surfboard or bike you want to sell? There are a variety of vendors who participate in the Surf Fest. Make some money and help out the team at the same time. (SBCC students and employees receive a discounted rate to sell.)
2. Buy raffle tickets: You could win one of many items such as a Trader Joe's bag full of goodies, restaurant certificates or a massage. The basketball team members will be circulating campus or you can contact Sandrine (ext 4028; firstname.lastname@example.org) to buy tickets.
3. Donate: Do you have a surfboard, wetsuit, skateboard, kayak, etc., you want to unload? Donate the item and the Women's Basketball team will receive the proceeds from selling it.
4. Spread the word: Tell your students and friends. This is a fun community event for a good cause. "Like" us on facebook: www.facebook.com/SurfFest
5. Attend the event on Saturday, 11/4/17: Support the team with your participation. Browsers and Buyers are Free!
Please contact Sandrine Krul for more information. Thanks for your support!
-- Sally Saenger 805-680-8039
Surf Fest and Swap Meet Coordinator